No More Jargon


The coalescence of thoughts with regards to technical subject matters in the areas of software design and computer languages.

Twitter:

    Friday, March 31, 2006

    The Language of 2016?

    It's been estimated by a few people that popular industry languages have a lifetime of about 10 years.

    It's been cited that in the 70's FORTRAN was what you needed, in the 80's C++, in the 90's Java, and that right now we're on the precipice of a new language taking over the "Enterprise" or whatever the hell you want to call it.

    To be honest? I don't care about that. I feel like I'm on a course to knowing the sorts of things that are going to be necessary to be a succesful programmer in the next 10 years. By no means am I there yet, but I feel comfortable with where I'm headed right now.

    What I want to start getting answers to is where I and everyone else will be going in a decade, give or take.

    This entry is inspired by the "World's Most Maintainable Programming Language" article series written by chromatic.

    Because of its Length, I'm breaking this down into a number of entries for easy consumption:

    Part 1: Simple Semantics
    Part 2: Common Datastructures and Manipulations Thereon
    Incomplete Entries:
    Part 3: Trivializing Common Tasks
    Part 4: Distributed Computational Models
    Part 5: Optimization Over Usage
    Part 6: Declarational Co-Language
    Part 7: Community

    No comments:

    About Me

    My photo
    Truly a Simple Minded Fool